Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Make the Most of It

This fall I thought it would be  nice to remind myself of why we've chosen to educate our children the way we have thus far.  Each style of schooling has its own benefits but it's easy to miss the ones particular to you in the whirlwind of the school year.

In August, I made a short list of 8 things I'd like to keep central throughout this year.

1. I want to enjoy time with my children.
2. I want to learn and explore the world together with them.

3. I want to take pleasure in the benefits of being at home with them four mornings a week.
4. I want to create a positive learning environment for my children where they are motivated to learn as much as they can.
5. I want to stay on a reliable routine that they can learn to trust from start to finish each morning.

6. I want to strive to become the teacher I would love for each of them to have.
7. I want to be present and available for them as they work and patient when they face difficulty.
8. I want to help them focus on and improve upon character and relationship issues (both theirs and mine) that arise as we work together.


These are my goals to flourish in the garden where we're currently growing.  What are yours?  For your particular school situation, how can you make the most of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment